Thursday, June 27, 2019

Upcycling


Another Christmas card completed! This one features a gorgeous, glittery ornament that I am recycling/upcycling from a card I received a few years ago. I see it every time I go looking for Christmas embellishments in a manila folder I keep, and I finally put it to use.

The base card might look familiar to you -- I used it for a recent PINspirational Challenge card, and as I noted on that post, it's part of a wedding or save- the-day kit I picked up for a mere quarter at a yard sale. For this card, however, I ditched the bride and groom and went with a black/white/gold color scheme.  The sentiment was stamped multiple times and embossed in a glitter gold EP. I also added the gold cording to the ornament, which is popped up on foam tape.

This card is for these challenges:
Rudolph Days -- Christmas
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge #443-- anything Christmas
Crafting By Designs -- getting ready for Christmas
Word Art Wednesday #392 -- anything goes
Crafty Sentiments -- anything goes

3 comments:

  1. Oooo what a fabby bit of upcycling and I'm loving the glittery thanks for joining us this month at Rudolph Day's Challenge, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have made good use of that 25 cent kit!!!

    This is a lovely card. The embellishment pops against that striped background. I glanced back at your blog and the original wedding card you made was lovely too!

    Thanks for taking part in the June Rudolph Days Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge. Hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Monochromatic CAS

 Isn't there a saying that goes something like: there's nothing simple about clean and simple?  Or no, is it just me? Anyway, I trie...

Popular Posts