Sunday, June 16, 2019

Butterflies at the gate


The current Butterfly Challenge includes the option to make a gatefold card. I hadn't made one in a while and so I decided to take the challenge.  This card uses a piece that straddles the gatefold for the main features of the card, which is a die-cut flourish (which could be a branch) and a die-cut butterfly.
The deets: white cardstock cut vertically to 4.25x11 inches, then folded to make the gatefold. Snippets of a Cosmos Cricket patterned paper used on both flaps. Die-cut Granny Smith-colored snippet stamped with the sentiment (from Faerie Song stamps, ink is Ranger Slate), with the butterfly cut from snippets of gold vellum. (I cut two and layered them just to give the butterfly a little more substance).  I used some dots of glitter on the butterfly.

This card is for these challenges:
Butterfly Challenge #123 -- gatefold, gold, Granny Smith
Word Art Wednesday #390 -- anything goes
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge -- use patterned paper

2 comments:

  1. Super gatefold . I like the gold butterfly . Really eye catching focal point. Thankyou fur coming and spinning the wheel with me this week. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty.
    Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Monochromatic CAS

 Isn't there a saying that goes something like: there's nothing simple about clean and simple?  Or no, is it just me? Anyway, I trie...

Popular Posts