Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Summertime, and it's hot


     From everything I've read and heard, it's summer with a vengeance everywhere in the Northern Hemisphere. So ice cream seems like a timely topic.
       This is my card for the current Pinspirational Challenge #242, inspired by this fun inspiration photo from Pinterest (to the right).
     To create the background, I used snippets of different colors to create -- I dunno, would you call that a  sorta ombre? I adhered all the strips to a backing sheet and ran them through an embossing folder with a popsicle and ice cream cone design. (The EF and stamp I used were in a little cheapy set I picked up at Michael's). The ice cream cones are stamped on white snippets of card stock and are colored in pencil and fussy cut.
     Added the ribbon on the bottom of the color strips, adhered to the top-fold card, and used dimensional tape to pop up the cones.
     The sentiment (source unknown) and cones are stamped in an SU color, Creamy Caramel (I think).
     I hope you'll find some inspiration in the photo and join the fun at PINspirational Challenge. Just link up your project (any project, doesn't need to be a card) at the PINspirational blog.

My card is entered in these challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Monday -- Make your own background
Pixie's Snippet Playground #355 -- use snippets
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday -- anything goes
Crafty Sentiments -- Bright Colors 
Word Art Wednesday #392-- anything goes
Crafts Galore #65-- anything goes
Pammie's Inky Pinkies #1926 -- anything goes

5 comments:

  1. so fun! great colours and love the touch of the ribbon!!

    https://thesongthatsummersings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Sandy! And so appropriate as well as it's roasting hot here today :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely summer card! Thank you for sharing your project with us at the Crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” July Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon!
    Carole x DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful and pretty summer card. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Monochromatic CAS

 Isn't there a saying that goes something like: there's nothing simple about clean and simple?  Or no, is it just me? Anyway, I trie...

Popular Posts