Friday, August 12, 2022

Spritz and Splatter Coffee-Shaped Card


 I tried a new, fun technique I found on SCS to create a "coffee" look.  You drop a bit of brown alcohol ink on your paper, add blending solution or rubbing alcohol, and blow on it. Repeat with other drops and other shades of brown, adding in metallic mixatives if you want.  At the end, you splatter rubbing alcohol over it to create little lite spots.  After that, you can add foil, or in my case I added some metallic embossing.  Once you're happy with it, use a circle die to cut it out, and cut a round card with the next largest die in your set to create the cup.  For the handle, just use a snippet of leftover card stock trimmed to look like a handle. 

This was a fun technique -- I actually made three different backgrounds and have only turned two into cards. 

 Both cards feature 3 colors of Ranger Alcohol Inks that came in a coffee-themed set (I think the names are espresso, latte and something similar). I added gold mixative, but it was really old and didn't work properly; it ended up being a sad brown spot.  On the upper cup/card, I used a sparkly white EP, and on the lower one (which is also inset below) I used copper EP.

 I will admit the cards are quite small, as the largest circle die I have is 4 inches. However, it'd be
a fun card to give to a coffee loving friend, don't you think? 



This card is for these challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Monday -- spritz and splatter

Die-Cut Divas -- shape card

Pammie's Inky Pinkies #2232 -- anything goes

Word Art Wednesday #555 -- anything goes


2 comments:

  1. This would be a great card to give to a friend! I love your combination of inks too. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for this month's challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the coffee colored inks-great background! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Monochromatic CAS

 Isn't there a saying that goes something like: there's nothing simple about clean and simple?  Or no, is it just me? Anyway, I trie...

Popular Posts