Monday, August 22, 2022

Summer wildflowers

 

Last week's sketch challenge at Splitcoast was an excellent one for using up snippets. Because some of the strips are less than an inch tall and only 4ish inches wide, I had a lot of choice in which to use. I settled on a purple and yellow color scheme, with some white. Every single piece on this card is a snippet. I embossed the white piece just to add some interest.

The central panel includes die-cut wildflowers from the Sizzix Wildflower Stems 2 collection, a punched butterfly, and an old sentiment from SU. I can also tell you that every piece of paper featured (aside from the white, which I go through like crazy) has been with me through three house moves. Time to use this stuff up!

This card is for these challenges:

Butterfly Challenge #172 (level one, using a butterfly and two colors: Flirt and Fulvos)

Snippets Playground # 435 -- use snippets

Dies R Us #199 -- Summer and use dies (Sizzix die)

Pammie's Inky Pinkies #2234 -- anything goes

Word Art Wednesday #557 -- anything goes


3 comments:

  1. Way to go using up those snippets. Now I know you have indeed used two flower die cuts here but I can see two bird faces (one beady eye and a beak for each !!). Honest I haven't been drinking Lol.Super card. Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me this week. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely snippety make here Sandy. Great colour combo and lovely die cut flowers.

    Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. It's hot and humid so we've moved the paddling pool to the bottom of the slide so we can have fun landing in it! Hold onto your cocktail as you go!!!! LOL! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous snippets card Sandy - you certainly used every snippets scrap you could - stunning result!
    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Dragonfly

 I don't usually do collage-type backgrounds, but I decided to try one. I started by stenciling in various shakes of pink and plum, then...

Popular Posts