Monday, August 8, 2022

Double-sided vellum


 Hi All,

Hope your week is going well. This is my latest card, featuring a technique where you stamp an image on one side of vellum, flip it over and stamp and heat emboss on the other side. I stamped flowers and leaves on one side, and white-embossed a butterfly on the other. For the frame around the vellum, I used two sizes of a stitched-label die on a snippet of brown card.

For the background, I die-cut 2-inch squares of skyblue and salmon colored snippets and create the quilt patch. (As an aside, I really appreciate the tight fit I got by die-cutting rather than just using the paper trimmer, where it never seems to line up perfectly.) The sentiment is cut from another of the salmon-colored snippets. A few flower-shaped sequins finish the card.

This card is entered in these challenges

Butterfly #171 -- using the colors sky blue and salmon plus the butterfly (aka level 1)

Snippets Playground #434 -- using snippets

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday -- emboss it

Word Art Wednesday #555 -- anything goes

Pammie's Inky Pinkies #2032 -- anything goes


3 comments:

  1. Really delightful snippets card Sandy. Good tip about how to get a close fit on the squares.

    Great to see you in the Snippets Playground.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh - what a clever card this is. I love it!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been stamping etc. for almost 30yrs and NEVER tried this technique. LOL. I promise I will try it very soon!! Very nice creation! Thanks so much for sharing your knowledge and talent with us at PIP Challenges.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Dragonfly

 I don't usually do collage-type backgrounds, but I decided to try one. I started by stenciling in various shakes of pink and plum, then...

Popular Posts