Thursday, July 23, 2026

Pressed flowers


 I tried a new-to-me technique that mimics the look of pressed flowers. I started by creating a possibly vintage-looking background by stamping script on tan cardstock, figuring out where to place the paper flowers, and lightly stamping in some leaf shapes around them. The flowers were then adhered to the panel and run through a flatish-pattern embossing folder. (The folder, from Marianne Designs, is a Never-been-used- supply (NBUS) that I have had for at probably 10 years. I can date it because I purchased it at the Atlanta Stamping Show, and it's been a decade since I've been able to attend.) The panel was then mounted on a slightly larger mat, placed on the top-fold card, and accented with dimensional paper flower held on with a brad.

This card is for these challenges:

NBUS #88 -- never before used item is the embossing folder

Beautiful Blossoms #43-- anything floral

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday -- make your own background 

Word Art Wednesday #762 -- anything goes

Pammie's Inky Pinkies #2629 -- anything goes 

 

3 comments:

  1. Sandy, this is a really eye-catching card! I love that textured rectangle in the center, and the flower on the side is a really nice touch. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Word Art Wednesday. We appreciate your participation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this look with your pressed embossed flowers, Sandy! And the added flower is the perfect punctuation to your wonderful design! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very creative technique! Thanks for sharing your lovely card at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge, we appreciate all of our players!
    Donna xx
    The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    The Inspiration Station Challenge
    The Pick 3 Challenge
    The Paper Funday Challenge

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Beach vibes

 This die-cut sand dollar and shell patterned paper have been sitting on my craft table for a while now.  I was finally inspired to use them...

Popular Posts