I tried a new-to-me technique that mimics the look of pressed flowers. I started by creating a possibly vintage-looking background by stamping script on tan cardstock, figuring out where to place the paper flowers, and lightly stamping in some leaf shapes around them. The flowers were then adhered to the panel and run through a flatish-pattern embossing folder. (The folder, from Marianne Designs, is a Never-been-used- supply (NBUS) that I have had for at probably 10 years. I can date it because I purchased it at the Atlanta Stamping Show, and it's been a decade since I've been able to attend.) The panel was then mounted on a slightly larger mat, placed on the top-fold card, and accented with dimensional paper flower held on with a brad.
This card is for these challenges:
NBUS #88 -- never before used item is the embossing folder
Beautiful Blossoms #43-- anything floral
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday -- make your own background
Word Art Wednesday #762 -- anything goes
Pammie's Inky Pinkies #2629 -- anything goes

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!