Thursday, August 18, 2022

Slimline Christmas


 I enjoy using the mini slimline size for cards, although I haven't done a lot and I'm still experimenting. All my embossing folders, stencils, and dies are for regular A2 cards, so sometimes I stumble upon new uses. For example, this old SU snowflake EF makes a good background for a mini slimline. (I trimmed some off the right side, and it would just about fill the  white layer on the card if left in full, but I waned room for the little snowguy). That snowman stamp is also old SU, from one of the very first sets I ever purchased. 

This card became a fun exercise in pulling out all the snow items, what with the giant snowflake sequin, the acrylic dot with a snowflake on it, and the sentiment.  The image is colored with pencils, with some Winkk of Stella on the snowflakes the snowman is holding. 

(I'm trying to make my photos a little more interesting, so you may spot a couple of German stars behind the card. My sister-in-law makes these by the dozen, and they were the easiest Christmas decor item for me to get my hands on in the storage area.)

This card is for these challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday -- Christmas

Jingle Belles -- slimline card

Can You Handle the Pressure -- use an EF (skipping the twist this time)

Pammie's Inky Pinkies #2233 -- anything goes

Word Art Wednesday #557 -- anything goes

6 comments:

  1. i loved that embossing folder and it IS perfect for a mini slim-line card. i never heard of a mini-slimline card but now i want to try it too. love your happy card. it makes me feel cool on a very hot summer day! thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way the snowflakes increase in size from left to right. Love your happy little snow person and the snowflake ornaments too. Thanks so much for playing with us at Can You Handle The Pressure?.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous clean and simple Christmas card! Love the embossed snowflakes and your snowman in the bottom corner. Thanks for joining us this week at Pammie's Inky Pinkies. Hope to see you again. Bonnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a COOL card in every respect! I love the combination of snowy items, & allowing the design on a regular sized e/f to go off the edge is BRILLIANT What a wonderful addition to our Slimline Gallery at Jingle Belles! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous snowflake card!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Can You Handle The Pressure!
    Diane CYHTP Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Can You Handle The Pressure}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those embossed snowflakes are such a wonderful texture ... so very glad you joined our Skinny Santa Slimline gallery at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Dragonfly

 I don't usually do collage-type backgrounds, but I decided to try one. I started by stenciling in various shakes of pink and plum, then...

Popular Posts