Tuesday, October 25, 2022

A sweet Christmas


 Here's a Christmas card using one of the Tim Holtz blueprint stamps. I'm really impressed that the labels remained readable after the white embossing. (I did use detail EP, which I'm sure made all the difference.) The lighting is a bit off here, the central panel is kraft, not gold. That panel is on pretty thick foam tape to make room for the rather thick velvet rickrack. The candy cane is a thin metal, probably aluminum (part of a bunch of metal Christmas embellies I picked up on clearance years ago. I need to use them up, for sure).

This card is entered in these challenges:

ABC Christmas -- V is for Velvet

Rudolph Days -- anything Christmas

CRAFT #655 -- nontraditional Christmas colors

Word Art Wednesday #565 -- anything goes


3 comments:

  1. Absolutely delightful and gorgeous colours too, thanks for joining us at Rudolph Days Challenge this month, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely card! I think I have some of that same zig zag ribbon...it is sure nice to use, isn't it?
    Your embossed image has so much detail.
    Thanks for taking part in the October Rudolph Days Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Dragonfly

 I don't usually do collage-type backgrounds, but I decided to try one. I started by stenciling in various shakes of pink and plum, then...

Popular Posts