Saturday, September 17, 2022

Woodgrain butterfly


 I like this card because it uses colors I don't think I've ever used together.  It also uses a new-to-me technique, thanks to Mrs. A at the Butterfly Challenge. She calls this a window card and uses a sentiment inside the folded paper element. I liked the paper too much and decided to show more of it. The butterfly (a Simon Says Stamp diecut) is embossed with a Tim Holtz wood grain EF, and it really does look like a bit of wood there.

Off-topic questions, but since you all blog, do you ever get days with massive numbers of visitors to your blog? Last week there was a day when I had 335 views -- with is like 25 times a normal day. What gives? 

This card is entered in these challenges:

Butterfly Challenge ##173 -- level 2: window card; wooden; butterfly, 2 colors Watermelon and wheat

Simon Says Stamp Monday -- die cuts

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday -- little critters

Can you handle the pressure -- use an EF (anything goes)

Pammie's Inky Pinkies #2237 -- anything goes

Word Art Wednesday #561 -- anything goes


3 comments:

  1. I love that stripe/pattern paper too and agree it would have been a shame to hide with the sentiment. Great idea with the woodgrain embossing folder with the butterfly. Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandy! This is stunning. The colors are gorgeous and that's such great use of the pattern paper. Thanks SO much for sharing your amazing art and talents with us at Word Art Wednesday. I'm always very grateful to have you play along.

    I'd LOVE to have you play along at The Card Concept and this card is SO PERFECT for the current challenge. You can find it here:
    www.thecardconcept.blogspot.com
    Blessings to you,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that design, always looking for ideas to use both sides of double sided paper. Nice touch of using the woodgrain folder for the butterfly too! Thanks for joining us at Can You Handle the Pressure.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Monochromatic CAS

 Isn't there a saying that goes something like: there's nothing simple about clean and simple?  Or no, is it just me? Anyway, I trie...

Popular Posts