Friday, September 30, 2022

It's fall, y'all

 

Wow, it feels like fall showed up in a hurry. One day it was in the 90s, the next it barely made 70. I guess it's time to welcome autumn....

This is a CAS card if ever there was one, letting that lovely embossing folder do the heavy lifting. The sentiment is one I got in a box of stamping goodies at the thrift store. (People seem to post about great thrift store crafting finds all the time. In all my years of visiting thrift stores, this is the only time I've found something.)  I made a bunch of die-cut leaves ages ago and just pulled them out of a baggie to finish this card.

This card is entered in these challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Monday -- emboss it

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday -- anything goes

Can you Handle the Pressure -- embossing with twist of leaves

Double D Challenge -- things that FALL (leaves)

Word Art Wednesday #563 -- anything goes

Pammie's Inky Pinkies #2239 -- anything goes


3 comments:

  1. WOW what a beautiful card Sandy! Love that background embossing and your overall design is just perfect! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    P.S. If I hadn’t already mentioned it, just wanted to let you know that we have another new challenge blog. This time it’s all about using your STENCILS. I hope you’ll come check us out and play along at Crazy is our fame – STENCILS are our game (aka STENCIL FUN CHALLENGE. The fun begins OCTOBER 4th … Hope to see you there!

    PPSS ... thanks for also sharing this beautiful creation with us over on our Can You Handle the Pressure Challenge. GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this embossing folder and must remember to use it this year. It does a good job with the heavy lifting. Just a sentiment and a few extra small leaves makes a beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Double D!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the embossing folder. I have it too. The bakers twine crossed and behind the sentiment is cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Monochromatic CAS

 Isn't there a saying that goes something like: there's nothing simple about clean and simple?  Or no, is it just me? Anyway, I trie...

Popular Posts