Tuesday, January 11, 2022

New to me

 

It seemed many challenges are concentrating on "something new" where you show off new stuff. I combined new stuff with a new-to-me technique, a play on triple stamping called "offset triple stamping." (I was made aware of this by a link to a pinterest page posted in a group I'm in, so I don't know if if there are rules or directions for doing techniques. I just figured it out based on the photos.)

The stamp I used is an NBUS image from Stamplorations, a lovely and detailed stamp. I used snippets of white cardstock for the layers and snippets for the lavender matting around the various pieces. To highlight different sections of the image, I used colored pencils in key spot.


This card is entered in these challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday -- Something new

Pammie's Inky Pinkies #2202 -- anything goes

Pattie's Creations # 190 -- anything goes

NBUS #34 -- Stamplorations image

Stamplorations Never-ending Challenge -- Stamplorations image

Pixie's Snippet Playground #419 -- use snippets (white and lavender snippets)

Word Art Wednesday #525-- anything goes


4 comments:

  1. Interesting technique and a lovely use of your snippets on this pretty floral card.

    Thanks for whizzing around on the Playground roundabout with me earlier!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I;ve never heard of this technique either - that's one of the joys of the Playground - people come to share such great ideas. As well as using up snippets of course.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice card! I love your coloring too. Thanks for joining us at Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge.
    Pattie
    Artist & Owner

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of this technique, but I like the way certain parts are highlighted with your lovely colouring. Thankyou for entering our challenge this month at Pattie's Creations - Vic, DT. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Dragonfly

 I don't usually do collage-type backgrounds, but I decided to try one. I started by stenciling in various shakes of pink and plum, then...

Popular Posts