Friday, December 24, 2021

Christmas Quilt


 A merry Christmas to all.  

For what will probably be my final holiday card for the year, I'm revisiting the Disappearing Nine-Patch.  I made a Thanksgiving themed card with this technique earlier this year, but I have a ton of Christmas DP snippets and this seemed like a good use for them. (See the inset photo for some of the snippets I started with. As you can see, most aren't any bigger than a tiny ink cube, which is the black square at the top of the photo for scale.)

To make the patches, I started by die-cutting nine different papers with a Spellbinder's one-inch square die. I then arranged them into a 3x3 square and adhered all to a backing paper. Then I cut the nine-patch in half horizontally and vertically,  rearranged the pieces to my liking, and matted them on a green snippet. For the sentiment, I used another tiny snippet that says "Tis the Season" matted on another small snippet. 

I sprinkled a few red sequins on because I felt the card "needed something." Now I'm not sure that's what it needed, but there they are.

This card is entered in these challenges

Pixie's Snippet Playground  #418. (everything but the card base was a teeny tiny Snippet)

Word Art Wednesday #523 -- anything goes

Pammie's Inky Pinkies #2151 -- anything goes

Die-cut Divas -- Christmas/winter  (used Spellbinder's one-inch square die)

 



3 comments:

  1. Fantastic use of your snippets. Great card. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this Disappearing 9 Patch technique. Seems to be very popular at the moment! Great way to use up Snippets.

    Hope you had a lovely Christmas.

    Hugs, Sarn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. As Sarn says, a super way to use up snippets and such a great technique. One I want to try just as soon as the mad panic of the Grand Draw is over and done with!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Monochromatic CAS

 Isn't there a saying that goes something like: there's nothing simple about clean and simple?  Or no, is it just me? Anyway, I trie...

Popular Posts