Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Feeling like flowers

Greetings. I hope your having a good week.  It's been very cold here -- today it was sunny (which was a nice change from dreary) but below freezing all day long. So I needed some flowers!

I sort of randomly signed up for a Facebook group of CAS stampers, so I see a lot of CAS cards in my feed, and that influenced this card.

I started with snippets of watercolor paper, and die-cut the flowers (Sizzix/Tim Holtz wildflowers) and butterfly (Sizzix/not Tim). I then used a bunch of water colors and reinkers that were sitting on my desk to color the flowers, stems, and butterfly. After determining the general layout I wanted, I cut the aperture (Whimsy Stamps die) on a large white snippet, and then black-embossed the sentiment. Mounted the white on a large black snippet then adhered the dies in place. Adhered it all to a white card, and added a few gems for a little bling.

This card is for these Challenges:

 Butterfly Challenge #165 (used two of the required colors -- Thistle and Tickle Me Pink) and a butterfly.

Dies R Us #185-- anything goes with dies (Sizzix and Whimsy)

Die-Cut Divas Jan. 2022-- florals

Snippet Playground # 420 -- use snippets (everything but the base)

Word Art Wednesday #527 -- anything goes

Pammie's Inky Pinkies #2204 -- anything goes

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday -- anything goes


6 comments:

  1. Very striking against the black background. A beauty. Thankyou for coming and spending time in the butterfly garden with me. Getting very cold here and will be minus something again tonight. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done, Sandy, and I love the colors you chose for each of the die cuts! Thanks for playing along and supporting our "Anything Goes" challenge at Pammie's Inky Pinkies this week. Good luck in the draw.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delightful CAS card! We all need some pick-me-uppers. Thanks for linking up to our January challenge gallery at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a very pretty and nicely dramatic card Sandy.

    Come and warm up in the Playground Treehouse. I have the coffee on and there are still some almond cookies left!

    Hugs,Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you drew focus to your flowers. Such a lovely card. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our flower challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card and lovely use of snippets!

    Hugs

    Di
    xx


    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Dragonfly

 I don't usually do collage-type backgrounds, but I decided to try one. I started by stenciling in various shakes of pink and plum, then...

Popular Posts