Friday, September 17, 2021

Cutaway corner


 

Today's card features a technique I found on SCS, called cutaway corner -- and the name tells you everything you need to know about this technique.  It's a great way to feature a pretty paper. 

Fittingly enough, I was making a card for the Butterfly Challenge, and I'm pretty sure the patterned paper I selected was part of a  prize packet from Mrs. A. It's certainly lovely paper featuring butterflies. I used a stitched circle die to cut away the lower right corner, and adhered the patterned card stock to a pale pink card.  

I used a snippet of off-white to cut the solid butterfly, and a snippet of medium gray that was barely big enough for the filigree butterfly and sentiment. (Things got a little nerve-wracking when I tore the sentiment while cutting it, and I had just enough of the snippet left to try one more time with the sentiment.) The sentiment (from The Alley Way Stamps) is white embossed. The beautiful butterfly dies are from Simon Says and they are popped up on foam tape.

This card is for these challenges:

The Butterfly Challenge #161 --Level 2 (faux stitching around circle and shimmering pink.)

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday -- lots of layers

Die Cut Divas -- anything goes

Pixie's Snippet Playground #411-- use snippets (butterflies and sentiment)

Word Art Wednesday #509  -- anything goes

Pammie's Inky Pinkies #2137  -- anything goes

Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge -- use patterned paper

4 comments:

  1. What a brilliant technique and not one I have come across before. I do so hope you have kept the oddment of the cutaway circle for use on another card and yes I thought I recognised the pretty paper. Thankyou for coming and playing in the butterfly garden with me. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and feminine paper, plus a great technique. Whats not to like?

    Please come and join the gang up in the Snippets Playground Treeehouse. We've been making merry while Miss Di hasn't been able to climb up the ladder to sort us out!

    Thanks for playing in the Snippets Playground.
    Hugs, Sarn (Snippets Prefect)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet and lovely card. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great technique - and a really pretty card as well.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Monochromatic CAS

 Isn't there a saying that goes something like: there's nothing simple about clean and simple?  Or no, is it just me? Anyway, I trie...

Popular Posts