Thursday, September 23, 2021

Coffee cup

Today's card is an attempt at watercolor. Occasionally I follow along with the watercolor challenge at SCS, and this week's challenge involved creating a top-down view of a coffee cup, using shadows to outline the exterior. I traced a jar for the circular coffee portion of the mug and lightly sketched in where the handle would go. The rest was all painting.

To create the coffee rings, I brushed paint on the bottom of  a small jar and stamped.  I did the same on the envelope and added some splatters. (I love matching envelopes and usually forget to make one when I'm working on a card.

The Hello sentiment is a Stamplorations die.  I used Espresso alcohol ink to color the sequins that are scattered about.

This card is for these challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday -- card and matching envelope

Word Art Wednesday #509 -- anything goes

Pammie's Inky Pinkies #2138 -- anything goes

Watercooler Wednesday -- All things masculine

1 comment:

  1. Love this coffee card Sandy! Wonderful colouring and clever design!! Thanks so much for joining us over at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge! Stay safe! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Monochromatic CAS

 Isn't there a saying that goes something like: there's nothing simple about clean and simple?  Or no, is it just me? Anyway, I trie...

Popular Posts