Monday, October 11, 2021

Digi on patterned paper


 I am trying to try new things (or new to me) in cardmaking.  Today's effort is using printed paper as the background for a stamped image (which, in this case, is a digi stamp from Bugaboo).

I printed the Bugaboo image on a snippet of patterned paper -- purposefully choosing a pattern that was muted and not distracting.  I then  used a circle die to cut it out.  Using the same die, I cut a circle in the middle of a second, coordinating printed piece and inset the stamped image into the space. They are both mounted on a car made from SU River Rock card stock. I think the lighter circle really draws the eye without the pattern competing with the print. What do you think?.

 The sentiment is Hello, a die from Stamplorations, with a few pale pink sequins added for interest.

Using two patterns was inspired by the current Butterfly Challenge. Mrs. A is also introducing another of her amazing fancy folds, but combining the stamping on patterned paper and inset die-cuts was as much challenge as I was up to.

This card is for these challenges:

Butterfly Challenge #162 -- Level 2: 2 patterned papers and colors (I believe I have all three -- light and dark lavender and pale pink.)

Pammie's Inky Pinkies #2141 -- anything goes

Pixie's Snippet Playground # 413 -- use snippets (center image and sentiment from snippets)

Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge -- use patterned paper

Word Art Wednesday #511 -- anything goes

4 comments:

  1. This is simply gorgeous Sandy. I love how you’ve combined different patterned paper with digi stamping. The die cut circles work really well and I just adore the River Rock card base (shame SU retired that lovely colour).

    I’m brewing more hot chocolate so please come find me in the Playground Treehouse for something warming!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pattern paper is a great idea for the digi stamp. I am cherishing all the ones I have stored on my computer from them. Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me this week. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper October challenge - I hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandy - what a gorgeous card - LOVE the stamping on gently patterned paper as a background. One to remember here! It's less stark and very pretty.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Monochromatic CAS

 Isn't there a saying that goes something like: there's nothing simple about clean and simple?  Or no, is it just me? Anyway, I trie...

Popular Posts