Thursday, August 26, 2021

Woven Christmas card


 Hi

Today's card was inspired by this card that Karen Dunbrook posted on her blog. She used scraps of paper she stenciled, but since I can't part with even the smallest snippet of Christmas paper, I decided to try the technique with those.

I trimmed the pieces to random widths (normally if it's less than an inch wide, I throw it away -- I do have some standards!), then arranged them in a pleasing pattern. It was surprising how quickly the weaving was big enough to fill a card.

To finish it, I stamped a Stamplorations sentiment and added a couple of red sequins.

Easy-peasy, quick and I think it's an interesting look.

This card is entered in these challenges


Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Card Challenge #556 -- anything Christmas

Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge -- use patterned paper

Pixie's Snippet Playground #410 -- use snippets

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday -- anything goes

Word Art Wednesday # 506 --anuything goes

Pammie's Inky Pinkies # 2134 -- anything goes

Stamplorations Never-ending anything goes challenge -- use Stamploration products (sentiment)


1 comment:

  1. Love this. Thanks for joining us at the PIP Challenge. kReN@afourthlife

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Monochromatic CAS

 Isn't there a saying that goes something like: there's nothing simple about clean and simple?  Or no, is it just me? Anyway, I trie...

Popular Posts