Monday, July 26, 2021

3-panel Christmas


 In my last post, I shared a three-panel card I made for a swap with a  3-panel theme. I decided to try the technique for a Christmas card, since I have tons of snippets of Christmas patterned paper. Here's the result.

The panels all measure 1.5 by 3.5 inches. They are snippets from different patterned paper mats, and they even have different background colors, but I think they work together quite nicely. I ran all the edges of the three panels along a red ink pad to give them a little definition, mounted them on a light green panel, then on a red snippet (it has an oval die cut out of it, but with a couple layers on top, no one will know. Shhh, don't tell!). All mounted on a white tent-fold card.

I feel like the words on the panels provide enough of a sentiment on front, so I just added some ribbon and a lovely silk poinsettia.

This card is entered in these challenges.

Rudolph Days, July -- Christmas

Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge #552 -- ribbon

Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge-- patterned paper

Pixie's Snippet Playground #408 -- use snippets

Pammie's Inky Pinkies #2130 -- anything goes

Word Art Wednesday #501 -- anything goes

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sandy,
    Happy Rudolf Days.
    what a clever way to use up Snippets of Christmas paper.
    The paper used is gorgeous and I love the super poinsettia.
    Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, I love this holiday card! the three panels are classic with a mix of patterns in traditional colours and the poinsettia is the perfect embellishment! thank you so much for sharing with the Rudolph Days Challenge.
    Linda, DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Sandy and such clever use of Christmassnippets. I do like patterned papers with greeting on in the pattern - saves a bit of work!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the variety in the paper you chose. Very different patterns but all coordinate together. Thanks for sharing this with PIP Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Monochromatic CAS

 Isn't there a saying that goes something like: there's nothing simple about clean and simple?  Or no, is it just me? Anyway, I trie...

Popular Posts