Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Embossing paste ornament


At ABC Christmas, D is for dimension, so I thought I would try embossing paste. I die-cut an ornament shape and used the negative as a stencil for silver embossing paste. Since I don't have any specialized tools for applying the paste, I used a plastic knife, and ended up with a little unexpected textural design on the ornament. A row of gems across the center of the ornament adds even more dimension.
The pine branches are supposed to suggest a tree. Also used: glittery ribbon (it's as bad as glitter when you cut it -- glitter everywhere) and corner rounder.

This card if for these challenges:
ABC Christmas -- D is for dimension 
Word Art Wednesday #270 -- anything goes



7 comments:

  1. Lovely Christmas card
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Hazel Nut's Christmas Extra challenge
    Julie T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bauble is beautiful! Lovely card, thanks for sharing it with us at ABC Christmas Challenge.
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you made the ornament. I used to have some of that glittery ribbon. I suspect it was messier than loose glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandy!
    This is so cute. Thanks so much for sharing your art with us. I hope you have a blessed week, and that you'll join us again soon.
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. It turned out GORgeous! Your plastic knife was a brainwave. Thank you so much for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty creation. Thank you for joining our Challenge a few weeks ago at Word Art Wednesday. We have a week left on our current Challenge and I hope you join us again. Leaving you with the inspiration of God's Word in Psalm 84:11 and it says, "For the LORD God is a sun and shield; The LORD gives grace and glory; No good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly." Have a blessed week.

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

It's not easy being green

 It's beginning to look like spring with the grass and trees greening up, so I made a green card. I found this cute image of a frog and ...

Popular Posts