Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Vintage look





This card uses Mojo Monday sketch 483, which allowed me to use lots of snippets from a very old set of papers that still appeal to me. I followed the sketch pretty faithfully, just dropping the bow and adding a flower.  The sentiment is from Rubbernecker.  All the panels aside from the circles are outlined with paper piercing.
The ribbon is an ivory-colored crocheted lace. The flower looked to be made of muslin or a similar cotton, and I "dyed" it by using a SU Lavender Lace marker and wetting the flower with a watercolor brush. I just played with it until I got a look I liked.

This card is for these challenges:
Mojo Monday -- sketch 483
Double D -- lavender and lace
The Ribbon Girl -- any card
Pixie's Snippet Playground #267-- use snippets
Word Art Wednesday #268

9 comments:

  1. Great job on the sketch and great choice of designer papers! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘LAVENDER & LACE’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card. GREAT sentiment, and rule to live by. pjs-projects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This so very lovely! Thanks so much for playing along at Double D Challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty and a very nice sentiment! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D.
    Diane DD DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely card with a beautiful sentiment. Thanks for joining us for Mojo Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a totally wonderful sentiment! Oh, my gosh, I love it. Nice job with the sketch AND with the Lavender and Lace. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Double D!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great use of scraps! Everything looks so pretty together. Thanks for joining us at Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such lovely design and thoughtful use of scraps.Thanks for playing in the RIBBON GIRL card challenge and good luck.
    Hugs,
    Kaly

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really liked the color of the flower. It held the vintage looks of the rest of card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

It's not easy being green

 It's beginning to look like spring with the grass and trees greening up, so I made a green card. I found this cute image of a frog and ...

Popular Posts