Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The old red, white, blue

I shy away from doing red/white/blue color combos because I associate the combo with flags, but I decided to try making a non-patriotic card with that color combo.  I'm pretty happy with the results.

I used Feeling Sketchy #64 for the layout. Even though there are a lot of elements, everything seemed to come together easily for this one.  The image is from an old Stampin Up set, Country Morning, that I  got at a consignment sale. I've always liked these little bouquets but I don't think I'd actually inked up this image before.  Blue glass jars and red and white flowers seemed just right for this.  The image is stitched on a navy panel (and for once the sewing machine didn't act up on me. Yay).

The partial circle is embossed with dots to add a little dimension to that side of the card, and the flower image is up on pop dots, both for dimension and to accommodate the ribbon tabs. 

I am also entering this card in Victorine Originals challenge #62, to make a red/white/blue card.


6 comments:

  1. Very pretty card. Like the colors.
    Thanks for joining us at Feeling Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card. Great the way you have used the colours together. Thanks for joining us at Feeling Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card! Thanks for playing along this week with us at Feeling Sketchy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Sandy. Thank you for joining the challenge at Feeling Sketchy

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous colour combo Sandy..and lovely textures & image too.
    Thank you for playing along at Feeling Sketchy with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so fresh. Thanks for joining us at Feeling Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts