Monday, July 29, 2013

Birthday card for long-lost friend.

Recently, one of my best friends from high school and I reconnected through the magic of Facebook. We even got to visit in person when she happened to be in town. Today is her birthday, and here's the card I made for her.

The image is by Rubbernecker Stamp Co.  I worked at the Rubbernecker booth during a recent stamp show, doing demos of the stamps the company has designed for the misted watercolor technique -- you color on the rubber with water-based markers, wet it with a mister and stamp.  It makes it look like watercoloring.  This coloring was done with Distress inks and markers.  (I added some green around the edge of the oval with Versacolor Bamboo ink.) All the embellies come from my stash and some, like the leaf, have been there for a while.

I'm entering this card in the current C.R.A.F.T challenge (#217) "For the Girls." 

1 comment:


  1. Lovely creation, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge. Don't forget to check back on Thursday to see if you have won or if you have been chosen in our Top3. Also don't miss out on challenges and freebies on my digistamp blog.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts