Friday, June 28, 2013

Bold and Bright

My card today features bold, bright colors that I typically shy away from.  I have to do a COTM in orange, red and yellow, so I figured I might as well embrace them big time. Boldly I went. 

The sketch is Freshly Made Sketch #92.  There was something about the curve on the design that really attracted me.  I guess because it's not a shape you generally see. I simply drew the curve on a piece of copy paper and used that as a pattern to cut my layers.

The flowers were first inked in YoYo Yellow, and then I added another layer of  color by using a marker on the stamp as well before applying it to paper.  The butterfly is black embossed, cut out and popped  up.  Flower stamp  is from Autumn Leaves, sentiment from Stampin Up; and butterfly is from Stamps on Fire (I'm fairly sure on that last one).

This is also for the current Simon Says Stamp Challenge, "Anything Goes."

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful butterfly! And I love the bright colors. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great card! I love that butterfly and the bold colors on the card!

    Thanks for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge! :)
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty! Your butterfly is perfect with the flowers. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. łał... kartka prezentuje się bardzo pięknie.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts