Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Watercolor pear

Some stampers keep a file of UFOs (unused flat objects), which is where those images you stamp, maybe even color, but don't end up using, find a home for a long, long time. That's where this pear has been living for quite a while, but it worked perfectly for this layout.  The sketch is Card Patterns #170, and I am also entering this for Victorine Original's challenge #36, which has the theme of "Anything goes".
To create the pear, I scribbled on the stamp with watercolor crayons, spritzed the stamp with water, then stamped on watercolor paper. I use the word "scribble" but it wasn't random; I put the colors where I wanted them to be to give the pear the look I wanted.
As you probably know, watercolor is bright white, so when I decided to go with this paper, I sponged around the pear with Versacolor "Bamboo" ink to tone it down. (I sponged a white Prima with the same ink to create the matching flower).
The papers are all from a K&Co. stack called Bungalow.
Other supplies: Jeweled brad, ribbon, piercing tools, birthday sentiment.
Truth be told, this is a lot more color than I usually work into one card, and it's a little scary for me to use that much color.  I do like how it came out -- hope you do too.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pear!! Gorgeous colours and card. Thank you for playing along at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts