Thursday, June 28, 2012

More fun with paper

Sometimes you just have "the perfect" paper for a thematic challenge.  I hit the jackpot this week while taking part in the Teapot Tuesday challenge, where the theme involved a cruise to a tropical island. "Bring margaritas and palm trees" the instructions read.

Well, looky here at what I found in my stash. Not one, but two papers that worked.  The "fun in the sun" paper had it all -- palm trees, margaritas and some other drinks too. I wanted to use CPS sketch 271, and I wanted to put a palm tree in the circle element. My palm tree stamp, however, is way bigger than what I wanted. While flipping through my paper stash, I found a piece that had glittery palm trees on it, and one of them fit perfectly in a nestie circle. Isn't it amazing what you find when you go digging in your stash?

I addded a little red-and-white ribbon flag where the sketch indicated a sentiment, and kept the card pretty CAS. Then I felt guilty because I had not stamped anything on the card, and added a sentiment in the lower corner (sort of an "in case you missed the message" repeat of "fun in the sun.") Sentiment is from Purple Onion Designs.

(We are going to have plenty of sun here, but with highs for the weekend forecast above 100, I think I will do all I can to avoid the sun. Stay cool.)



1 comment:

  1. Great take on the sketch - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/06/52-card-pickup-week-26.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts