Thursday, June 20, 2024

Flowery minislimline



 I haven't been feeling creative lately, and sometimes I find that entering a challenge will give me the inspiration I need to make something. I find the push with the Double Trouble challenge to make a mini slimline care (something I rarely do) and use a floral image (something I like to do).

I chose an autumny-looking image from From the Heart (It has oak leaves and acorns), and  found a snippet of patterned paper that could provide some ideas for colors (since I knew I wanted a purple flower). The flowers are colored in pencils, and the panel was edged with lavender ink. Lavender baker's twine is wrapped the panel, which is popped up  at a slight angle on the patterned panel, which also is edged in lavender. For a little sparkle, there are three clear sequins on the bottom part of the card and three clear sequins on the top part.

This card is being entered in these challenges:

Double Trouble #169 -- slimline, flowers, partner site

Ellibelle's I Spy with My Little Eye #16 -- Something blooming lovely

Snippets Playground #482 -- use snippets

Pattie's Creations #219 -- use an image

Pammie's Inky Pinkies #2424 -- anything goes

Word Art Wednesday #653 -- anything goes

9 comments:

  1. The simplicity of the jar of flowers are so pretty and nicely colored. Love the bright colorful patterned paper you used in the background. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at Double Trouble and I Spy With My Little Eye, love that you got your inspiration from our challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very pretty card full of flowers. I like the colourful snippet behind the main stamped image.

    Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse later. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandy: What a lovely card. I love that bright fun and colorful background. You did a great job putting together this sweet Summer card. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful creativity with us at Word Art Wednesday. I appreciate you very much and I sincerely hope that you will stop by again soon to share more of your wonderful art with us. I'm already looking forward to it.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card Sandy. I really like how you picked out some of the colours in the background paper when you coloured the image so perfectly.

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty, love the soft coloring on the bold background and the angled panel. Great card! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That background paper was a great choice for the flowers in a jar - the colours coordinate perfectly. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at The PIP Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful image and gorgeous card!
    Thank you so much for playing along at "I spy with my little eye"!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous floral creation - beautifully vibrant. Thanks so much for joining in with this month’s I Spy challenge and my theme of “Something Blooming Lovely”.
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

CAS rower

  Kayaking is a favorite vacation activity of mine, but I don't have a kayak stamp so I went with a canoe. The image is black embossed o...

Popular Posts