Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Sweet birds



 
These are supposed to be mourning doves -- I know, their necks are too thick, but this is the bird die I have, so roll with it. To create this scene, I die-cut the birds from a snippet of light gray card stock and die-cut the light blue circle from another snippet. (You can see the leftovers in the photo to the right, along with the last bit of the patterned paper snippet I used.) Among my envelopes full of shapes I've already die-cut I found some greenery and another, larger dark blue circle that worked well to frame the circle and create a little scene with the birds.

The patterned paper is an ancient piece from Anna Griffin -- I remember loving it when I first got it, and I was happy to stumble upon what's probably the last snippet I have of it.

The theme for Die Cut Divas this month is "your favorite die cut shapes." While I have many dies I like of all shapes, I have to say the circle is by far the most generally usable and versatile shape. I'm pretty sure the first dies I purchased were nesting circles, and I still use them regularly. I really like the stitched look, so this stitched circle is also one of my faves.

This card is entered in these challenges:

Die-Cut Divas -- favorite die cut shape

Snippets Playground #483-- Use snippets

Word Art Wednesday #653 -- anything goes

 Pammie's Inky Pinkies #2425 -- anything goes

Crafts Galore Encore #124 -- anything goes

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday -- anything goes


4 comments:

  1. A very sweet card. Love your bird die and the foliage.
    Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. See you by the paddling pool later. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card, the die cut birds are fabulous.
    Thank you for joining in with the Crafts Galore Encore June Challenge “Anything Goes”. Good luck! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet card! Thanks for linking up to our June challenge gallery at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card Sandy - love the layout. I hadn't heard of mourning doves before, having looked them up they are similar to our collared doves here in the UK. Very pretty, gentle birds with pinkish grey plumage.

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

CAS rower

  Kayaking is a favorite vacation activity of mine, but I don't have a kayak stamp so I went with a canoe. The image is black embossed o...

Popular Posts