Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Dragonfly


 I don't usually do collage-type backgrounds, but I decided to try one. I started by stenciling in various shakes of pink and plum, then added some script, followed by some flowers, which I stamped in multiple generations. The dragonfly is black-embossed, and I added a few gems in the left lower corner. If I decide to add a sentiment, I can stamp it on a strip and choose the placement.

The main panel is mounted on black, which was a rectangle that I cut on the diagonal to add a little interest, and then mounted on a lavender card.

This card is entered in these challenges:

Ellibelle's I Spy with my little eye -- something with wings

Double Trouble #165 -- something/anything. (Thing 1 --make a project, and thing 2, enter in a partner's challenge)

Word Art Wednesday #645 -- anything goes

Stencils Are Our Game -- April challenge anything goes/flowers optional


5 comments:

  1. What a pretty collage background using the pink and plum blending stenciling and stamping, love the bold silhouette dragonfly against the background. Thanks for sharing your pretty card with us at Double Trouble and Ellibelle's I Spy With My Little Eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your background turned out fantastic, and heat embossing the dragonfly really makes it stand out. I love the colors too, thanks so much for joining us at Double Trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific collage style card - this is a fairly new technique for me but I love what you did! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous dragonfly and beautiful collage background - very stylish! Thanks so much for joining in this month’s “I Spy” challenge theme of “Something With Wings”.
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful creation, Sandy. Love the dragonfly and you created a gorgeous backgorund for it. Thank you so much for playing along with us at I spy with my little eye!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Flower wreath

  Sometimes you just want a lot of color. I used a ton of snippets to die-cut flowers and greenery, then arranged them into a wreath. Added ...

Popular Posts