Thursday, June 15, 2023

Vintage book page


 Have you ever found out you were siged up for a  swap you don't remember putting your name down for? That just happened to me, Turns out I signed up for a "vintage" swap, and the deadline for sending cards out was already past when I realized I'd been assigned a partner. Time to figure out how to do vintage...

One fun way to do vintage is called vintage book plate -- it's an old Technique Junkies technique that I've had good luck with, so I decided to go down that route. It works well with botanical stamps, and since I'e been cleaning out my craft space I'd come across some stamps I haven't used int a while that I thought would work. 

The result is this citrusy, lemony and quite antique-looking bookpage/card. I used Distress antique linen ink to create the aged page, with Memento black ink for the script so I could color the lemons with regular markers.I used a fine back marker to create the page border, and I used a few brads for another pop of color.

This card is entered in these challenges:

Double D - Lemonade (the color yellow)

Simon Says Stamp Monday -- masculine

Word Art Wednesday #599 -- anything goes

Pammie's Inky Pinkies #2323 -- anything goes

Pattie's Creations #207 -- must use an image

4 comments:

  1. I'm not that great at vintage, but you did a fantastic job! Thank you for joining us at PIP 2323.
    Karen, DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you created a beautiful vintage card. Love the lemons. Thanks for joining us at Double D Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome creation! Love your vintage style with your lemons! Well done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Can You Handle the Pressure challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    Co-Owner
    Can You Handle the Pressure
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    More challenge fun beginning July 7th … check it out … SIMPLY CLEAN & SIMPLE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me again ... forgive me! I meant to thank you for joining our Double D challenge! Beautiful creation!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Dragonfly

 I don't usually do collage-type backgrounds, but I decided to try one. I started by stenciling in various shakes of pink and plum, then...

Popular Posts