Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Alcohol inks on vellum


I tried something different for this card -- I colored vellum with alcohol inks (a green and a blue AI, plus some blending solutions). 

To create this card, I began with a variety of snippets (see photo). The tree shape was cut from a large white snippet. The vellum (also a snippet) was placed behind the apperture (inked side down), then another white snipped was placed behind it to keep the green matting from showing through. The green mat was also a snippet. I went with blue ink for the sentiment to help the card from being too green (or to make the bit of blue in the tree make sense, however you want to look at it.)

 This card is entered in these challenges:

Rudolph challenge, June -- Christmas

CRAFT #682 -- Christmas

Snippets Playground #457-- use snippets

Word Art Wednesday #601 -- anything goes

Pammie's Inky Pinkies #2325 -- anything goes


3 comments:

  1. Super inking on your tree die cut on this lovely Christmas card.

    Thank you for coming to play in the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND. See you on the swings later! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card and a clever idea with the vellum - I need to give that one a try!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning alchohol ink tree. Love it!
    Thanks for taking part in the Rudolph Days Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Dragonfly

 I don't usually do collage-type backgrounds, but I decided to try one. I started by stenciling in various shakes of pink and plum, then...

Popular Posts