Thursday, April 13, 2023

A new spring in my step


 I've been kind of quiet in the craft department for the past few months. I broke my foot about two months ago and spent a long time in a support boot. Even without the boot, I can't move as well as I should. Since getting to my craft space requires going down stairs (still difficult), I'm still not crafting much. However, I do miss it, so I've pushed myself to battle the stairs a few times to play with my crafty supplies. Here's my most recent project.

The central die-cut is a lovely branch of spring flowers, which I watercolored in shades of mint and a heathery lavender.  For a sentiment, I die-cut the world "happy" (Stamplorations die) and combined it with white-embossed "birthday" on a small brown panel.  Everythng is mounted on a white panel embossed with a dot pattern, which in turn is on a brown card. The butterfly in the corner is painted with the same colors as the flowers.

This card is entered in these challenges:

Die-Cut Divas -- watercolor

Butterfly Challenge #180 (colors heather and highland)

Can You Handle the Pressure -- pressure embossing

Pattie's Creations #205 -- anything goes

Crafts Galore Encore #110 -- anything goes

Creative Inspiration -- anything goes

Pammie's Inky Pinkies #2314 -- anything goes

Word Art Wednesday #591 -- anything goes


5 comments:

  1. These flowers and colors are stunning, Sandy. What a lovely card. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday. I appreciate your participation very much.

    I hope you'll also come hop along with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon. The hop just started today. Great prizes up for grabs.
    www.reasonableribbon.blogspot.com

    Have a blessed week.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are battling those steps to get to your craft room. Don't give up, go down to the basement. :) Lovely Spring card to say Happy Birthday. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our April challenge for using water colors and die cutting and/or dry embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautifully created Spring card!! Hope your foot gets better soon!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Can You Handle The Pressure!
    Diane CYHTP Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Can You Handle The Pressure}
    {Stencil Fun}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at CYHTP Embossing Folder Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you chose to come and play in the Butterfly garden with me with this pretty card. Hope you will be able to get about more soon. I have broken a wrist in the past and that wasn't pleasant but at least it didn't stop me from getting around. It must have been quite frustrating for you not being able to craft as and when. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Monochromatic CAS

 Isn't there a saying that goes something like: there's nothing simple about clean and simple?  Or no, is it just me? Anyway, I trie...

Popular Posts