Thursday, March 31, 2022

Recycle time

When I saw that Simon Says Stamp's challenge this week was Recycle, I knew exactly what I wanted to try.  I got the idea from a Facebook group I'm in. Someone posted a card with an embossed foil bit that she said was (doing this from memory, might not be quite exact) the foil seal from a jar of coffee. I don't bar coffee in a jar, but she got me thinking about what I could use. Then I realized the teabags I use come in a little foil packet. (Bigelow and Kroger Private Selection brands) When I cut off the crimped sides and unfolded it, I had a nice strip of strong foil.

I ran the foil through the Cuttlebug with a Sizzix EF. Then I dropped some alcohol ink on the strip, added some blending solution, and moved the strip around the get the colors to spread and blend.  It was super easy and it really looks cool IRL. From there, I cut one of flowers from a Tim Holtz die set in white, put it on top of the foil, and matted the foil on purple card. 

The sentiment took some careful stamping because I had to tape off the flourishes that are part of the stamp while inking it up. 

This card is for these challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Monday -- recycle

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday -- anything goes

Word Art Wednesday #537 -- anything goes

Pammie's Inky Pinkies #2213 -- anything goes
 

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, beautiful, foiled embossing element, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandy:
    This is really pretty. Thanks SON much for sharing your wonderful creativity with us and please stop by again soon.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome recycling. I'm really getting a lot of inspiration. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts