Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Felt wreath


     Like most of you, I have a variety of crafting items stashed away, waiting to make an appearance. This week, I finally found a use for this felt wreath that I've had for ages. (I think it's from SU. I got a packet at a consignment sale with about 6 each of the wreath, holly leaves and mittens -- if I'm remembering correctly. So, I still have 5 wreaths to go ...)
      To create this card, I started a piece of white card stock cut to card size and stamped the gingham pattern on it. (I think this is an Impression Obsession stamp because it's huge -- about 6x6 inches. I'm pretty sure it was sold as a "second" and even with repeated stamping in the stamp platform there are some spots that didn't stamp well.) The gingham was trimmed down and added to a red card front.
       I used a white snippet for the background the wreath is on, stamped a sentiment in the corner, and added a little flag of gingham fabric ribbon in the other corner. The layout is based on the current Sketch Saturday layout.

This card is for these challenges
Rudolph Days March -- anything Christmas
Winter Wonderland -- fuzzy wuzzy(felt)
ABC Christmas -- E is for Embellishments (wreath) F is for Fabric (felt and  ribbon)
Sketch Saturday #556
Double D -- gingham
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge #430 -- anything Christmas
Word Art Wednesday #378 -- anything goes
Simon Says Wednesday -- anything goes

7 comments:

  1. Love the mix of gingham with your wreath! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty ... great use of gingham! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Gingham’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say the gingham just has a vintage look. It's the perfect backdrop for this pretty wreath! Thanks for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how fab to have a Christmas card for the 2019 season done lol You are ahead of me! :) I love that stamped gingham plaid, I just bought one similar by Hero Arts, I think they will come in handy! That felt wreath is a beauty, this is why we hold on to EVERYTHING! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Double D, Gingham Challenge, Donna, DT Member.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card with the felt and the pattetn! Thanks for playing along with us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your felt wreath has a lovely country feel. Perfect with the red gingham background!
    Thanks for taking part in the March Rudolph Days Challenge.


    ReplyDelete
  7. I rather like the look of the worn gingham . It gives a rustic look to your card. Wreath looks good with it too. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Dragonfly

 I don't usually do collage-type backgrounds, but I decided to try one. I started by stenciling in various shakes of pink and plum, then...

Popular Posts