Thursday, May 14, 2015

Vintage holiday card

The theme this week at Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge is vintage. I have some vintage style little gift enclosure cards (or whatever you want to call the little card you stick under the bow on a gift) and found this cute little holly girl among the set. I rounded the edges and put the image on a mat made with a Spellbinder's framed die. (This is the best use I have found yet for that die).  The sort-of-vintage-looking holly paper was a perfectly sized snippet, and a little distress ink toned down the busy appearance it had.  Sentiment comes from a cardstock sticker sheet.

Challenges:
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge #228 -- vintage
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra -- May: anything Christmas

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I have a hard time with vintage myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great card - thanks for joining us at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts