Friday, March 20, 2015

Wisteria time

The first house we had had a backyard full of wisteria, which is amazing every spring when it blooms. You might know there are two forms of wisteria -- one is a well-behaved tree form, the other is an aggressive vine form. Guess which one we had?  As beautiful as it was in bloom, the vines were strangling everything else in the yard.  I spend many an hour out there chopping vines and unwrapping them from tree trunks, trying to get the wisteria under control.

I still enjoy seeing wisteria in bloom however (some of the aggressive vines grow along various highways and it's always a pleasure to see it.) To me, it's a sure sign spring is here (and no, it's not in bloom yet).

The stamps are from Victorine Originals.  I stamped both first and second generations of SU Lavender Lace to form the wisteria bloom, and second generation Distress Mowed grass on the leaves.

The mulberry paper is a snippet I came across when looking for colors to match the ink (actually everything on this card is a snippet).  I love the softness the mulberry paper adds to a card -- it's another thing I'd like to see come back in style, along with vellum.

The card is for these challenges:
Inky Imperssions #201: pastel colors
the Paper Shelter #195: Spring delights
Crafting for All Seasons #98: Pastel hues
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday -- spring photo inspirations (colors from Easter basket)
CRAFT challenge #303: Mother's day
PapertakeWeekly: Happy anything
Word Art Wednesday #175: Anything Goes
Pixie's Snippet Playground #168: use snippets


10 comments:

  1. Lovely card!
    Thanks for playing along with us at TPS and good luck in the draw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card. I had a kit that involve wisteria before. I used the heck out it. I'm pretty sure I still have the stamps around even though I did get a little tired of wisteria. Your card shows I'm over it now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card and thanks for joining us at Crafting For All Seasons. Carol S. DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful Mother's Day card! I love wisteria. Thank you for joining use at CRAFT Challenge! Brenda :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Sandy - I adore wisteria but agree that it can go a bit wild :) Love the colours and also the mulberry paper - I've still got a load of that too!!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a wonderful rhapsody in mauve. Thank you so much for posting your entry with us at Word Art Wednesday this week.
    Many Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is beautiful love the soft colours and the fab embossing.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card and thanks for joining The Paper Shelter.
    Hugs, Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, soft stamping and a really pretty card.

    Thanks for joining us at the CRAFT Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely soft pretty card, I have a wisteria just like that! "Following " you now :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts