Monday, June 27, 2011

A touch of '20s glamour


Glitter and gel pen details

The Magical Monday Challenge at There's Magic in the Air has a true challenge for us this week. The challenge is "Blast from the Past," doing a card that reflects the era from the 1920-30s.  Looking at photos from then (thanks to Yahoo's photo search), I found lots of women in suits and hats, wearing impeccable makeup. The Paper Cupcakes image called "dresser bureau"  seemed to reflect that era.  Doesn't the perfume atomizer and strand of pearls look like your grandmother's dresser?

Fun with feathers

In addition to coloring the image with pencils, I added a little spica glitter pen to the glass vase, silver gel pen on the silver on the jewelry box and atomizer hardware, and white gel pen for the pearls.

I also raided my husband's fly-tying goodies for a few feathers -- a "tip of the hat" to the hats of the 20s and 30s. (And I quite like the look of feathers on the card, and will have to do this again.)

This is my last card as June Guest Designer for Paper Cupcakes. Head on over to the blog to see how the design team handled this challenge, and take a shot at it yourself.  One lucky winner gets 2 free images of her choice from Paper Cupcakes.

Thanks, Nina, for letting me be a guest designer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts