Monday, June 20, 2011

Inspired card

This week's challenge at There's Magic in the Air is an inspiration challenge. Make a card inspired by the image you see over to the right.
I used the Paper Cupcakes image called Tulips in Bottles -- pretty appropriate, huh?  I also got to use one of my favorite "supplies," a paint chip.  I thought this one in various shades of blue was perfect. It came with holes punched near the bottom, so I used that area for embellishments -- weaving a ribbon through it and adding extra ribbon on the side. (This particular kind of paint chip is from Lowe's, but I don't know if that's the style still available at the store or not.)
The image is colored in pencils and OMS, and I sponged some blue ink on the edges of the oval, which is popped up on the scalloped oval.
Winner of this week's challenge gets 2 free digi images of her choice, so be inspired and make a card.

1 comment:

  1. I especially love all the cards this week they are all so beautiful! I love how clean and simple this is as well. I also love love love the paint chip and will have to use that. I have seen it before and never think to use them when creating, but I love it and how you framed out the image and your ribbons were the just the right finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Monochromatic CAS

 Isn't there a saying that goes something like: there's nothing simple about clean and simple?  Or no, is it just me? Anyway, I trie...

Popular Posts