Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Hummingbird


This week's Off the Wall Craftiness challenge OTWC6 is to use the colors turquoise and lime green. The inspiration piece was pictures of a peacock. I don't have any peacock stamps, so I used a hummingbird from Impression-Obsession.

The colors might be a little dark -- the ink is Stream by Ranger, and it's as close to turquoise as I could find. The ribbon, however, is perfect. It's lime green on one side and turquoise on the other. (My son is on the school robotics team, and we were at a competition -- some other team had used the ribbon on their handouts, and I scooped up a couple extra that were left after the event, because I like the ribbon. I consider it recycling.

The sketch is from this week's CAS challenge at SCS. Blue layer is embossed with the Swiss Dot folder, green layer has an edge cut with a decorative scissors.

2 comments:

  1. Love this card Sandy!!! The ribbon is great, I can see why you "recycled" it lol! Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I love the humming bird and your ribbon is lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts