Saturday, August 29, 2009

Etsy 51


The Etsy Inspired Challenge #51 is Red Crow Arts, a shop with handpainted pottery, raku and handcrafted clay pendants. I was inspired by a clay pendant called Tree of Life.

I did this card using masking and sponging on the color. The warm colors are all pigment inks, and the green is a dye ink. (No technical reason for that, those were just the colors that worked best. I actually thought the pigments would spread better, but I got good coverage with the green.) Am I the only stamper who doesn't own a brayer???

The big panel is glossy cardstock. Stamp by Impression Obsession. I stuck the leaves on because it needed something, but I'm not certain they will stay. What do you think?




2 comments:

  1. Wow Sandy! This is beautiful! I love that tree and it is so perfect for this week's shop! Thanks for playing EtsyInspired!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Monochromatic CAS

 Isn't there a saying that goes something like: there's nothing simple about clean and simple?  Or no, is it just me? Anyway, I trie...

Popular Posts