Monday, May 8, 2023

Fresh Cherries

I'm trying to organize my stamping space, and I've come to a realization that I impulse buy supplies when they are on deep deep discount. Case in point is this stencil (seen under the card), which includes pears and apples as well as cherries. It's really an old wall stencil I bought cheap and I can't remember using before now.  I'm glad I finally got around to it, I think it came out cute.

The cherries were stenciled, then cut with an oval die and framed on a scallop oval. The black base card left from a fancy fold I tried recently -- this half of the paper got in the way of a diagonal cut, so I had to trim part of it off. I decided to use it as a fold that reveals part of the inside of the card. The gingham print was a natural choice with the cherries, as was the "sweet" sentiment, which is part of an old SU set. The sentiment is white embossed. A few acrylic drops finish off the card.

This card is for these challenges:

Double D: Fresh picked.

Stencils are our game -- use a stencil

Word Art Wednesday #593 -- anything goes


4 comments:

  1. This is such a SWEET fresh-picked delightful card. Thanks SO much for sharing this with us at Word Art Wednesday. It's always a treat to have you share your wonderful art and creativity with us. I appreciate you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous use of the stencil, the gingham is perfect for it!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun and Double D!
    Diane SF and DD Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Stencil Fun}
    {Triple B}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Fun Fold. Love the stenciled cherries and red gingham Designer Paper. Super sweet! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D, Fresh Picked Challenge. Donna, DT Member.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sandy this is just awesome! LOVE your stenciled cherries and your over all design is just PERFECT!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    Co-Owner
    DOUBLE D
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    PS: Thanks for also playing along in our Stencil Fun Challenge ... good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Dragonfly

 I don't usually do collage-type backgrounds, but I decided to try one. I started by stenciling in various shakes of pink and plum, then...

Popular Posts