Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Happy Halloween

 

It's mid-October, so Halloween is almost here. Deanne has a super-cute inspiration for us in the new PINspirational Challenge. (I go for cute Halloween over scary Halloween, so this pin was perfect for me.)  Hope you'll have a chance to create a project and link up to the challenge blog.

My project began with a stamped image that's been sitting in my stash for a while (I'm pretty sure Princess Judy sent it to me.)  I colored it in pencils. To frame it, I chose a some patterned paper from an old Halloween stack, and the papers in that stack are specifically designed to hold photos because an image is partially cut out and you can tuck an image into the slit. The pattern on the piece I chose echoed the tilework int he background of the inspiration photo and made it look like a big bat is flying over the witch. How fun is that?

For the sentiment, I turned to the computer to make a super-vertical sentiment, which I printed out on a snippet of white cardstock and matted on a snippet from the same Halloween stack. The witch is matted on another snippet from the stack. 

For the final embellishment, I found a couple of old eyelets shaped like ghosts.  (I guess the phrase "old eyelets" is redundant. When was the last time you bought eyelets??)

The witch card is entered in these challenges:

Pixie's Snippet Playground #389 -- use snippets

Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge -- use patterned paper

Crafty Sentiments -- Anything goes


3 comments:

  1. So cute. Fun image. Thank for sharing over at Crafty Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun Halloween card Sandy! I love it - and it's good to see you in the Playground with us.

    Sorry I'm late commenting!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is pretty darned cute! I chuckled over your eyelet comment, I have a huge stash of these and even bought the crocodile so I could set them! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Halloween was never a big holiday for me growing up in Australia in the 60s, a few bats flying over the city was as halloween as I can get and more a trip down memory lane for me LOL! Friends here in Europe were horrified at the thought of these huge bats flying around but as long as they only ate fruit - they didn't worry me!! I suppose the beautiful old Moreton Bay fig trees that brought these magnificent creatures to my part of inner Sydney are gone now - quite a high density building project replaced the old racecourse (which served as the naval supply depot for decades) so I assume they would have been removed to make way for the development!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Monochromatic CAS

 Isn't there a saying that goes something like: there's nothing simple about clean and simple?  Or no, is it just me? Anyway, I trie...

Popular Posts