Tuesday, February 26, 2019

What do you see?

It's time for another PINspirational Challenge, and that brings up a question. What do you see when you look at the new inspiration Pin? Most of my design teammates used the thematic approach -- a baby. But to me, the interesting thing was that this was basically a study in black and white, with just a bit of color, so I went with a black, white and gray color scheme with just a bit of yellow added. (I guess this could be a baby card, too, but that's not what I was going for.)  Anyway, I think that's the fun part of an inspiration challenge -- you can go any direction the inspiration leads you.

The herringbone technique I used for the background is a fun way to use up snippets of paper.  Most of the ones I used are from an old mat stack that actually has a graduation theme. The adorable koala and sentiment are from a Simon Says Stamp set.

So, what does the photo inspire you to make?  I hope you'll join the fun and link up your creation at the PINspirational Challenge.

My card is entered into these challenges:
Scribbles Designs #74 -- Three or more layers.
Word Art Wednesday #374 -- anything goes
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge -- use patterned paper
Pammy's Inky Pinkies #1908 -- anything goes

2 comments:

  1. This is such a cute card, sandy. Love it. Thanks so much for sharing in our challenge. Please join us again soon, and have a blessed week.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, I love the background you created. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Scribbles Designs, we hope to see you back again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Monochromatic CAS

 Isn't there a saying that goes something like: there's nothing simple about clean and simple?  Or no, is it just me? Anyway, I trie...

Popular Posts