Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Christmas decor


       Here's my first Christmas card of the year. The ornament is gold-embossed on a white snippet, die-cut and placed on a scalloped oval die-cut from a gold foil snippet. The sentiment is also gold-embossed on a snippet, and I used a thematically coordinating patterned paper.  For the base, I started with black but it was too stark and gloomy, so I cut it to include a slight reveal of white card stock. (Sentiment is from Stamp Simply and the ornament is probably All-Night Media. It's an old wood-mounted one, anyway.)
       I did use a sketch for this, but I'm not sure where it originated, so I can't give credit.

This card is entered in these challenges:
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge #425 -- green
ABC Christmas -- D is for decorations
Pixie's Snippet Playground #346 -- use snippets
Word Art Wednesday #375 -- anything goes
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge -- use patterned paper

4 comments:

  1. I love gold embossed cards for the holidays. Thanks for sharing! I am your newest follower. Follow me at
    http://afourthlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Sandy - I do love how the patterned paper echoes the stamped image as well.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Christmas card, Sandy.
    Thanks for entering our C and D challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge and good luck in the draw.
    Dorte x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts