Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Rustic tag

 
   I was inspired to make another tag for Tracey McNeely's 25 Days of Christmas Tags. This one was inspired by one of Tracey's own tags, her pine cone tag published on Day 8. (right)
No automatic alt text available.     I started with a manila tag that was sprayed with walnut stain. It has been hanging around my stash for years and I decided it needed to come to life.
     The pine bough was stamped in Garden Green ink.  The pine cone was stamped in Versamark, then covered with a glittery gold EP and embossed.
     The sentiment was stamped in a red pigment ink and embossed with clear EP.
     I found snippets of gingham ribbon and raffia and created the top treatment.

The tag is entered in this challenges:
25 Days of Christmas Tags
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday -- all that glitters is gold
The Paper Shelter #362 -- Christmas is Coming



3 comments:

  1. I love natural elements like these, and the gingham and raffia add nicely to the effect, Sandy! Thank you for sharing your tag with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet tag...love that wonderful gingham red ribbon! Thank you so much for joining Tracey's 25 Days of Christmas Tags.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Monochromatic CAS

 Isn't there a saying that goes something like: there's nothing simple about clean and simple?  Or no, is it just me? Anyway, I trie...

Popular Posts