Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Santa bearing gifts


I'm slowly compiling Christmas cards, thanks in part to all the wonderful people who sponsor Christmas challenges all year 'round. This one features a tiny stamp I've had for a long time, and I don't think I've ever used it before. It's a simple, silly image, but I think it works well with the patterned papers I matched it with. Santa is colored with pencils, with silver gel pen giving some details on the gifts. White gel pen dots highlight the red frame around Santa. The fishtail flag is made from a nice piece of ribbon that has a holly leaf pattern woven in it.  I especially like using this ribbon on cards because it doesn't fray.

This card is for these challenges:
July Rudolph Days -- anything Christmas
Winter Wonderland -- Christmas gifts
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Card Challenge #396  -- for man or boy
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge -- use patterned papers
Word Art Wednesday #346 -- anything goes

4 comments:

  1. That certainly is a very cute santa stamp and you have well with him. The circle of dots looks great and the ribbon is so pretty. Hard to find the ones that do not fray!

    hanks for taking part in the belated July Rudolph Days Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card! I love the Santa - he looks like he is enjoying himself! Happy Rudolf day x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great card - thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Monochromatic CAS

 Isn't there a saying that goes something like: there's nothing simple about clean and simple?  Or no, is it just me? Anyway, I trie...

Popular Posts