Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Ornamental


     I have really fallen behind on my Christmas card goal, but this week I finally made one. This features a technique I saw on SCS recently. Basically, you die-cut an item and cut the negative into a strip to create a column of color.  I think you can probably figure out what I did easier than I could explain it.
     The die I used is a Sizzix tag tie that looks like an ornament to me.  I used snippets of red and green and added a line of sequins along the center of each ornament. However, my red sequins are flat and the green ones are not, so the look is a little inconsistent. 
      This is a fairly quick and easy technique that I might use to make more cards. However, I think the strip looks a little wide so I may do some adjustments.

This card is for these challenges:
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge #393 -- anything Christmas
Crafty Sentiments -- Christmas in July
Pixie's Snippet Playground #330 -- use snippets
Pammie's Inky Pinkies #1827 -- anything goes
Word Art Wednesday #342 -- anything goes

5 comments:

  1. Great CAS Christmas card! Thanks for join us at Crafty Sentiments Designs, good luck with the draw!. Beatriz DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how clever Sandy! Perfect use of snippets and great for quick Christmas cards as well. Very eye catching indeed!

    I spotted a slightly similar idea last fortnight where one entry used strips of card with letters dangling from the ends.

    I really must try both ideas out - and the Christmas one would be a huge help towards my slow production of seasonal cards!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this. Simple and stunning! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christmas cards, noooooo! I might have to give this a go since I usually start about a week ahead. Love the CAS feel. Thanks for playing in the PIP challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to use a tag die! It really does look like an ornament, especially with the sequins.

    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs for our Christmas in July challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Monochromatic CAS

 Isn't there a saying that goes something like: there's nothing simple about clean and simple?  Or no, is it just me? Anyway, I trie...

Popular Posts