Friday, November 21, 2014

What's shaking this Thanksgiving?

I could not resist an opportunity to use the turkey from TAWS It's Fall About You set when I saw the photos for their BE Inspired challenge this time.  Who could resist that cute turkey in the right corner?

With a little bit of basic masking, I created this image of the turkey hiding in the basket (from the same set). The images are stamped in Sepia ink. I colored the turkey with pencils, picking up colors from the photo. Then I created a little acrylic pouch around him to make a shaker card. I punched a bunch of tiny leaves and added them and some gold microbeads to the pouch, then attached it to my card base with seasonal washi tape. It's a fun Thanksgiving card, don't you think?

This card is for these challenges
The Alley Way Stamps BE Inspired #59 -- inspiration photo
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday -- Thanksgiving
CHNC patterned paper Challenge for November
Word Art Wednesday #159 -- anything goes

6 comments:

  1. Sweet. Thank you so much for sharing your inspirational art with us at Word Art Wednesday. We so appreciate you taking time to visit us.
    Blessings, Carole Robb Bisson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandy! What a super sweet card. THanks for sharing with us this week. I really hope to have you join us again soon.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is fabulous, great image and love the wordy frame.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh this is too cute! Love the frame you've made! Thanks for joining us at BIC!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how fun and cute! Love the little leaves and the way you colored the cute turkey! Thanks for joining us at BIC :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts