Thursday, November 20, 2014

Glittery ornament

I have this pad of Christmas patterned paper that really isn't to my taste; I like my Christmas stuff pretty traditional, and this pad is very modern. But waste not... so I'm trying to find ways to use it that tone down the paper, and I think I found a nice mix here. The secret seems to be a good amount of white space.

I used a red printed piece for my base, then added a wide snippet of striped glitter paper.  I used a Prickly Pear die and my trusty Cuttlebug to create an ornament-shaped opening on a snippet of white paper, which I placed over the stripes. I took advantage of a glittery strip on top of the striped piece and left it uncovered to provide a glitter band across the card.  A holiday sentiment stamped in burgundy and a bow of burgundy cording was all it took to finish off the card.

I'm entering this card in these challenges:
Ribbon Girl November Color Challenge -- red
Die Cut Divas November -- holiday spirit
Pixie's Snippet Playground #151
CHNC Christmas extra, November

3 comments:

  1. I like the waste not idea you have. Me too. The difference between the busy patterned paper and your main panel makes for a beauty of a card. Love the ornament

    So glad you entered Die Cut Divas' challenge of holidays, any holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Sandy! Great design for those fresh modern colours too!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card - thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts