Monday, May 6, 2013

Happy Bday, bro

May is a big time for birthdays in my family, so I crank out a lot of birthday cards in the spring. Most of the birthdays belong to guys, so I'm always trying to come up with something that can pass the masculinity test.

Sailboats qualify as masculine, right? Hope so, because this one is for my brother.  It's from an old SU set called Wonderful Woodcuts.  I used the Sunday Sketch from 365 Cards (Day 125).  The papers are all from a Making Memories stack, and I tried to find colored pencils that coordinated pretty well to color the image. 

Metal embellies always seem masculine, so I added a photo turn.


5 comments:

  1. Great job with the card, I hardly use metal embellishments, but love how this one turned out. Many thanks for joining us at 365 Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic take on the sketch and it is so pretty :) So glad you joined us on 365 Cards for our Sunday sketch this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the papers, great card. Thanks for joining 365 Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colours, patterns and sailboat. Yes, nice masculine card.
    Thanks for joining us over at 365cards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful image and colors!!!! soo glad you played along with us at 365 Cards!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts